From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:33:22 -0800
Just a word of caution here... you're not likely to get many responses
of any substance on the List. As I read this, I can't tell if you are
employed by this company or if you are a contractor / consultant who
has been engaged by this company. It would be helpful for you to
introduce yourself before popping up on the List and asking people for
free advice.

The reason that people are sensitive is that we've had a number of
"consultants" show up on the list and ask questions that they should
know the answers to if they are truly records management consultants.
In your instance, if you are a contractor or consultant to this
business, I would argue vehemently that before accepting such an
engagement, this is information that you should know from past
experience.

If you are an employee of this company and relatively new to records
management, I think many folks would excuse your lack of knowledge, but
I would also suggest that you need to show your work before asking this
sort of question. In other words, if you demonstrate that you've
already given this considerable thought, but because you've never done
something of this magnitude, you'd like folks on the list to check your
assumptions, I'd say that you'd get a lot of response.

So what I'd suggest is that you reintroduce yourself to the List and
state your relationship to this company in NYC. Then, tell us what
you've considered so far in thinking about staffing -- perhaps some
manpower assumptions you've already made, some guesses about
productivity, etc. This will demonstrate that you've already done some
legwork.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM