From:
Charmaine Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:05:25 -0800
Nicole,

  For the Exec's you may want to talk about the business reasons for RM, such as business efficiency. How better managing the companies records and information will help improve work processes.

  You can contact me off line for more information [log in to unmask]

  Charmaine Brooks, CRM

Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I have just started this new position Stan Pac to implement their newly
adopted Records Management Policy. I believe most, if not all, of the
divisions are on board with this, so luckily I don't have to "sell" the
idea. I am putting together a training session to explain the records
retention schedule and train the records coordinators on the processes.
I would like to begin the training with a 15-20 minute Executive
Summary/RIM 101 to emphasize the importance of the program and to give
an overview of what RIM is all about. After which the executives will
leave and I'll get down to the nuts and bolts with the coordinators. We
don't yet have an EDMS, but they are working in that direction and have
included e-docs and email in the policy (and properly, too, I might add
-- no "retain emails for 3 years" type drivel).

Of course I'll mention SOX. I was also thinking of touching on Zubulake
and maybe a few other cases that show what can happen to those who are
remiss in their duties (but which ones?). Any ideas on what else to
present to the bigwigs? As for the RIM overview, I obviously don't want
to go into detail, but how much generalization is too little?

Nolene Sherman
Director of Records Management
Standard Pacific Homes
(949) 789-1668