From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:29:57 -0500
Records and Archives In the News is a compilation of news stories
related to records and archives management.

BETTER plan to keep HR files intact
The Register-Guard - Eugene,Oregon,USA
... we are wondering what other records we may need to file separately
 from the personnel file. Also, how long do we have to keep employee
personnel
files once the ...
<http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/01/01/f2.bz.boli.0101.p1.php?sect
ion=business>

FILE, peruse court records on the Web
Jackson Sun - Jackson,TN,USA
... to all records except those that are sealed and certain police
records
such as ... this system, there would also be no need to store physical
files, which would ...
<http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060101/NEWS01/601
010310/1002>

FILE, peruse court records on the Web
Jackson Sun - Jackson,TN,USA
... to all records except those that are sealed and certain police
records
such as ... this system, there would also be no need to store physical
files, which would ...
<http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060101/NEWS01/601
010310/1002>

FIRMS still missing data lost in Buncefield oil depot blaze
Independent - London,England,UK
... energy suppliers, said it was not aware of any customer records
being
lost as ... Some companies do not, and believe that they are paying data
storage companies to ...
<http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article335867.ece>

MUSEUM has endured rocky journey
Great Falls Tribune - Great Falls,MT,USA
... Indian. "I used the archives this past summer," Farr said. "I was
doing
photographic research. "It is a very nice facility. John ...
<http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060101/NEW
S01/601010305/1002>

HE Sipkovskys, Lorain's historical couple, step down
The Morning Journal - Lorain,OH,USA
... The grant money paid to have 300 glass negatives repaired and
restored
that photographer Ray Ewers took of the city's industrial heritage in
the 1920s. ...
<http://www.morningjournal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15851041&BRD=1699&PAG
=461&dept_id=46371&rfi=6>

Peter A. Kurilecz