From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:58:49 -0700
I read Lura's comment as looking for assistance, not snarking about how easy
it is. I think it's exceptional to have someone thrust into such an
unforgiving position and to have one of their responses be to seek out the
guidance and counsel of their professional peers.

Lura, you're off to a good start by being a member of ARMA and the Puget
Sound Chapter - and by joining, and participating in, this listserv. Keep
asking, keep listening, take advantage of other professional development
opportunities, both within records management (ARMA 2006, the Great
Northwest Regional conference in March) and complementary (AIIM has a
chapter in the Seattle area, and has just produced a new workshop on
electronic records management), and you'll do fine.

At some point you'll be successful in convincing your organization that it
takes a LOT more than 10% of one person's time - perhaps more than 100% of a
single person's time - and be in position to move from just getting by to
driving improvement.

Best of luck,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, EDP, LIT, ICP, ECMp, ERMp