From:
"A.Khramtsovsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:05:44 +0300
Larry,

From my point of view, if your recordkeeping program is good, it
"automatically" complies with most of the ISO 15489 requirements. :) As Hans
Hofman (one of the ISO TC46/SC11 members) once said, "In principle the
standard should be targeting in the first place senior management
and not records management professionals." May be that's the reason for the
lack of "hard examples".

Exact wording in ISO/IEC 17799:2005 is as follows:
"15.1.3 Protection of organizational records
Further information about managing organizational records can be found in
ISO 15489-1."

I'd like to draw your attention to another ISO draft standard: ISO FDIS
22310 "Information and documentation — Guidelines for stating records
management requirements in standards" (voting terminated on December 31,
2005, and soon we'll know whether it reached the status of the standard or
not). ISO 22310 states that all new and revised ISO standards (as far as
recordkeeping requirements are concerned) should refer to and comply with
ISO 15489.

Regards,
Natasha

Natasha Khramtsovsky