From:
"Converse, Joseph Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:03:31 -0500
Dear Jacqueline,

I would be willing to respond to your survey regarding records management training provisions.  We have recently installed a 3000 seat electronic document/records management program, in addition to having managed a traditional, paper-based records management system for many years.  We provide a rather basic level of training to newly hired staff responsible for filing, and have had to expand our training to end-users of the software programs as well.  We have staff in 29 countries using four languages, which makes it an interesting project.  I cannot claim that we have done an outstanding job, but at least we're still standing.

My organization is a multi-lateral lending institution established by treaty, under the auspices of the Organization of American States, which puts us outside the Bretton Woods/UN organizations such as the World Bank or the IMF, but we are similar in many ways.

Please feel free to send your survey (preferably as an e-mail attachment or a fax, to my attention) or let me know if we are outside the scope of your survey.  Best of luck in your research.

Regards,

Tom

J. Thomas Converse, Chief
Records Management Section