From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:02:48 -0500
Adam,  we considered that when we moved and centralized in 2004 (we are
a single office firm with approx 140 attys).  The reason we didn't was
two fold: 1) Our collection is pretty active and requires a bit shifting
so the shelf locations would have to be updated almost constantly and 2)
we are a bit behind the times with technology and are not using handheld
scanners yet (but soon, VERY soon ...!).

Best of luck with your project!  I'm happy to share our experience if
you have more questions.

Julie

Julie J. Colgan

Manager of Records Services