From:
Michelle Zemanick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:27:45 -0500
Thank you to those who have responded to my previous email on "scanning services".  I am seeking additional comments on my topic of scanning. My original question in a nut-shell was: Would you recommend implementing scanning services for a company of our type?

 However in order to receive accurate information, I feel I must elaborate on our company background.  I am currently   the 3rd generation working for our family business which began operation back in 1947 as a transportation/warehousing company (we are an agent of United Van Lines) . We have diversified into many different fields, one being the off-site record storage center. We obviously had the space within our warehouse estimating over 300,000 sq  ft. which has given us the flexibility to grow as our RS cliental expanded.

What began as solely an "inactive" storage facility, has blossomed into a full service business including 200,000 boxes, file/box retrievals, full time courier service etc. We have implemented bar code tracking capabilities and have extensive fire and security control systems in place.  Our warehouse is modern,secure,safe and environmentally friendly for all record storage requirements.

Our problem? We have yet to introduce scanning services to our customers. Higher management (whom are not directly involved in record storage) does not understand the need and demand for scanning. I have visited a couple of the companies who sell the hardware/software for the product I am interested in-and have created a detailed report elaborating on the benefits of this investment.

My question: With the background of our company, would you recommend expanding into the scanning world? My  goal is to protect the future of the record storage center.

Thank you to all whom respond.

Sincerely,

Michelle Zemanick
ROGERS Service Group