From:
"A.S.E. Fairfax" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:26:51 -0800
Andrew,

I was deliberately brief in my previous post, knowing that you have many
years experience in the Records Management division of another Washington
County, and assumed that you were familiar with the services offered by our
state's Archives and Records Management division.  However, I am still
curious about you interest in destroying the original records of series
appraised as permanent/archival.  Unless the State Archives has certified
that these records are not wanted for transfer, it would seem that they are
ineligible for destruction or transfer to any other facility or institution.
Could you elaborate?

Elizabeth Fairfax