From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:30:09 -0800
Has anyone seen this rule yet? In reading this alert I don't think my
company is subject to it's provisions but one small definition might be
interpreted differently than I have read it... "A federal contractor is
defined as: a prime contractor or subcontractor for a government
contract or subcontract or **any federally assisted construction
contract or sub-contract** [hereafter referred to as "contractor"]." The
part I question is set off with the **. Would this imply that an
employer getting ANY federal assistance on construction projects, not
just contractors building federal projects, must comply? The

The DoL site says: " ...which prohibits federal contractors and
federally-assisted construction contractors and subcontractors, who do
over $10,000 in Government business in one year from discriminating in
employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or
national origin."

This appears to me to say that we must get federal assistance AND do
over $10,000 in actual government contracts for it to apply.

Internet Applicant Rule
http://www.klng.com/files/tbl_s48News/PDFUpload307/12587/ELA0206.pdf

Executive Order 11246:
http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/ofccp/fs11246.htm