From:
Graham Kitchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:14:30 -0800
Applying the 2X4 method is usually the surest way to cause a system to fail.

Generally, it is best to enlist the support of the employees by meeting with them to say "this is the problem.... here is what has been suggested as a solution... what are your comments and do you have a better solution or another approach?"  In this way, you are getting their ideas/comments and they most often feel that they have had something to do with the solution.  It then becomes theirs.  When it is theirs, they will work their buns off to make it work.

Remember, if an employee does not want to allow something to work, there are all kinds of devious ways to ensure its failure, at which time, they can say "I told you so!"