From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:03:19 -0600
 >>Applying the 2X4 method is usually the surest way to cause a system
to fail.<<

Absolutely.  I use the marketing principles I learned years ago the sell
any kind of change, including that of technology.  Adopters fall into a
number of classes.  Focusing your efforts on the proper one will make
life much easier for everyone.  Focus early efforts on innovator's. They
are the ones who will try anything once.  When they are happy, go after
the early adopters.  They will follow the lead of the innovators.  Once
both of those are in camp, move on to the early and late majorities.
When this is done, you have about 90 percent of the folks doing it your
way.  Only then do you make the management decision that the old way is
no longer an option.

Understanding the audience has made life much easier over the years.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota