From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:25:19 -0800
Howard,

With all electronic records,your most current version is the record copy. I
urge you to make sure your plocies read like that. If all the images are
good then the original paper copy may be disposed of according to your
retention schedule. I would urge you to make that retention as short as
possible. I used "verified" as part of the quality control step. Verified
means that the image was viewed and represents a true image of the original.
Images that were not adequate were flagged for re-scanning. If rescanning
the record did not correct the problem the orginal paper record wa retained
and the longest retention period fo rthat record applied. Myy expereince is
that suspect quality is self evident to the user. In the case the the record
needs to be viewed the hardcopy is available.

Chris Flynn