From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:23:49 -0500
I agree that it depends.  Our testing environment copies over the
current production database before testing begins.  We usually keep it
for about 3 months after "go live" if no more testing is involved.
However, if the testing was on a new application, then the database
remains for testing updates and upgrades to the application.  From time
to time (when an update or upgrade needs testing) they update the
database and write over with new or revised data.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division