From:
Debra Korty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:57:40 -0800
Greetings, everyone!

  I occasionally post a question to this listserv, but I've gotten married since my last posting (you may remember me as Debra Doell), so I feel I ought to re-introduce myself.  I'm currently a Records Analyst for the County Clerk's office here in Austin, Texas.  I've only been in the records management field for a few years, so my knowledge is still fairly limited in some respects.  I long for the day when I'm able to answer someone else's questions with wisdom of my own.

  This is more of a "personal use" question, but I'm hoping the collective minds of the listserv will still offer their professional opinions...

  My husband is in the process of scanning all of his photographic slides into digital images.  The slides are currently being stored in the projector carousels, but we were wondering about more space efficient storage.  I know that the real trick is getting them stored at the proper temperature and humidity levels.  Does the case they are stored in matter a great deal?  Can we put them in a box, OR--now that I think of it--would those protective sleeves be best (the ones with individual pockets for the slides), and then we can store them in a binder?

  Another question my husband and I ought to consider is WHY keep the slides...I know I have my opinions, but it will take a little more persuasion to get him to dispose of the slides, I think.  I'll keep working on that, but in the meantime, does anyone have a suggestion or two on the best way to store them in our home?  You may respond to me off-list, if you like.

  Thank you,
  Debra Korty

  Debra R. Korty
  Records Analyst