From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:09:37 -0500
Thanks, very intersting!  Pardon my ignorance but just to clarify:  Are
convenience copies kept in an employee's home simply for reference
construed to be "held by" and "controlled by" the employing
organization?  Is there any distinction made between copies taken home
with explicit permission of the employer and copies employees decide to
take home on their own?  In the latter case, what then is the legal
basis for stating that the employer "controls" the copies?  Again, this
is not an area with which I'm familiar, thanks for your patience.

Maarja