From:
"Grevin, Frederic" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:56:37 -0500
Larry, it's FRIDAY !

Fred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Medina [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 12:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [RM] A Lesson in Records Management

Dudes... the way this discussion is starting to degrade, I'm thinking some
of YOU are BAKED!!!

@B^P

Ray quipped:

Yes but can I trust the data in the baking process? Could not there be
> some alteration or degradation in the baking process?

Fred opined:

Sorry, Bill, the "only completely proven media for record storage" is
> NOT cave walls, but baked clay tablets (MUST be baked, not sun-dried).
>
> I propose a new technology : Computer Output to Baked Clay Tablet.
> Let's start creating some International Standards for the medium ...
> ;-)

Bill popped off with:

And, as I have said before, the only completely proven media for record
> storage is cave walls, and they only go back a few thousand years.

And (naturally) Chris started it all with:

yes finding a good cave wall is tough (and don't get me started on finding a
> good cave painter. Oogar was probably the best but then the critics
> showed up and the entire genre went south)

But I must admit, I was a HUGE fan of Oogar's work...