From:
Diane Dodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:23:52 -0500
Hi Julie,

Thank you for responding to my request for help.  I like to have Listserv
backing when telling my boss what I think we should do.  She knows you all
are experts!

This is something we should not rush into.  If upper management finally
wants to do this, I want to be sure we have looked at the vendor offerings
and choose the best fit for us.

Thanks for your support.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Have a great weekend!

Diane

"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
02/24/2006 04:59 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [RM] More Information re: Rec Mgt System

Diane, I have not heard of that vendor/product personally but strongly
agree with your assessment that your firm should look at more than one
product before purchasing anything.  Also, if your firm hasn't done a
needs analysis and defined your minimum requirements (at least!), it
would be irresponsible to purchase a product now anyway.

Some other vendors that are having success right now are MDY, Accutrac,
FileNet, and so on (these vendors were randomly selected from the vast
caverns of my brain and are not in any specific order!).  As Grahme
mentioned, there are many vendors and products out there that will
likely meet your basic needs, however some will be a better *fit* than
others with your culture, business process, etc., as well as be scalable
to accommodate continued growth.

It may very well end up that the first product you looked at is the best
for you and is the one you end up purchasing, but it is important to try
other products on before you commit.

Happy Friday to all ... Signing off in sunny (at least for the moment)
Atlanta -

Julie

Julie J. Colgan

Manager of Records Services

Arnall Golden Gregory LLP

Atlanta, GA

Note:
This message and any attachments from the law firm Arnall Golden Gregory
LLP may contain CONFIDENTIAL and legally protected information.  If you
are not the addressee and an intended recipient, please do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the
sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.
Thank you.