From:
Linda Buss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:49:54 -0800
Folks,

Our office suffered an electrical fire this morning.  Many of the staff on
the floor affected by the fire have CDs/DVDs on which they have stored data.
Fortunately, these are not the record copy, but reference copies.  According
to NARA's Disaster Recovery information, CDs can be cleaned by gently
washing with cool soapy water and rinsing clear.  I have purchased nitrile
gloves to handle the CDs, and have advised the staff not to touch the CDs
with their bare hands.

Are there other precautions I should be aware of before we start recovery
efforts?

Thanks for your help.

Linda Buss, MA
EDMS Manager