From:
Linda Buss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:38:01 -0800
Well, we dodged the bullet this time.  When I did my initial walk-through I
retrieved only five CDs that were exposed. The rest were stored in jewel
cases. Fortunately the sprinkler system did not go off, or the loss would
have been much greater.  We have been moved out of the building due to the
smoke residue and the potential health hazard.  We are waiting for a
response from the equipment manufacturer (the battery for the security
system caught fire) to determine just how dangerous the residue is.

This was a great lessons learned, and an opportunity for me to push the
Disaster Recovery plan.