From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:52:39 -0800
Janet:

Here is an idea:

1) Dump everything into an EDRM.

2) Perform some analysis to develop rules for identifying the records.
There are some tools to help with this, but I fear that they may be too
expensive to prove practical for you.

3) Categorize based upon those rules.  If a tool can do it, great.
Otherwise, use clerical help not senior staff, possibly temporaries.

4) Drop the non-records.

To my mind, no different than what you do when you are initially developing
a records program.  Sounds easy, but it is a lot of work.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, EDP, erm-p, ICP, AIIM MIT
Principal
IMERGE Consulting, Pacific Northwest Office
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA   98040
(office) 206-230-9253
(cell) 206-979-7389