From:
Mark Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:48:48 -0500
Viet Can -

You will need to ensure that any action taken does not contravene Quebec's privacy legislation ("Act Respecting Access to Documents Held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information")

For information from the Province on this, you may wish to contact:

Me Jacques Saint-Laurent
President
Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
575 St. Amable Street
Suite 1.10
Québec, Québec G1R 2G4
Phone: (418) 528-7741
Fax: (418) 529-3102
Toll-free: 1 (888) 528-7741 (free within Quebec)
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web Site: http://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/index-en.html

Also, you may wish to review the concept of inactive records with your police department.  If information requests cannot wait until the next business day, the records in question may be a bit more active than most records centers usually accept.  Don't know that there is an electronic solution for this particular problem.

Cheers!

Mark

G. Mark Walsh, C.A.
Records & Information Analyst