From:
Jay Maechtlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:49:34 -0800
If there is overlap between two sets of demands, then you'd ass/u/me that
all documents for both sets of demands would be scanned.
Then, the issue is, "is it worthwhile to have separate files for the
litigation support, or can you just link the litigation support
requirements to the larger database of scans?"
(or vice-versa)

If you don't scan docs for the SB-800 compliance, then having just 'some'
files scanned could get messy. Supporting multiple media types for a
single requirement seems like an unnecessary complication, right?.

Jay Maechtlen

This is just a test... if this was an actual sig, you would have been
mildly amused...

Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 03/22/2006
10:51:41 AM:

> In the litigation files I have worked on, images of the documents are
> imaged and  tagged/indexed to correspond to a database record that
> describes the document and its contents.  (The program we've used is
> called Summation Legal Database).  If your situation is similar to the
> cases I've worked on, then the images themselves are not generally named
> to explain their contents.  They are usually alphanumerically generated
> filenames that correspond to a database record which fully describes the
> document and its contents.
>
> If this is true for your case, then it will be difficult and/or time
> consuming to rename the electronic files (depending upon the numbers of
> images, of course) to something more descriptive of their contents.
>
> Another potential issue is multi-page documents.  You would need to find
> out if the litigation processes being followed will provide one image
> file that has all of the pages in a document, or if instead there is a
> separate image for each page of a multi-page document as that will have
> an impact on your logistics.

The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for the attention
and use of the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed to any
person(s) without authorization. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are not authorized to, and must not,
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of
it. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately.