From:
Steve Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:03:40 -0800
Gus,

I can't back you up on this one as I believe EVERYTHING should go
through the Records Management Department for various reasons. Some of
them are (not in priority order):

1. Poor quality originals should be marked as such before being scanned.
2. To maintain a log of the procedures, dates & times,  including
quality control & indexing.
3. Utilizing the department's expertise in RM.
4. To be sure that what is scanned is in the correct "file".
5. To be sure everything was scanned that needed to be.
6. To be sure that something that didn't need to be scanned/kept isn't.
7. So your department has a general knowledge of what records you do
have.
8. So everything is in one general area for easy retrieval.

There are more but, these would be my main concerns.

Steve Morgan
C.J. Segerstrom & Sons, Records Manager
(714) 438-3228 phone
(714) 546-9835 fax