From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:15:26 -0800
Our litigation attorney is looking at a service that will take all
documents we have identified as relevant to a particular litigation and
organize, image and index them for ease of access during litigation.
It's not specifically stated in the proposal, but his understanding is
that the images are housed on the service's servers. He's wondering, if,
once litigation is done, those images can just be kept for retention
purposes for the remainder of their time and also be used for SB800
compliance (SB800 is a California law that requires builders to make
available to homeowners certain construction information upon request)
when those types of documents have been imaged. We do not presently have
an EDMS system in place. Has anyone else used these types of litigation
support services and transitioned those images for retention?

Nolene Sherman
Director of Records Management
Standard Pacific Homes
(949) 789-1668