From:
Gus Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:35:11 -0600
Hey, thanks so much for the info!

Gus

-----Original Message-----
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Jones, Virginia
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [RM] looking for imaging info

Gus:
AIIM is presenting a webinar on this subject.  I believe it is free and
open to anyone.

WEBINAR: Perils of Distributed Capture
http://www.aiim.org/webinar-events.asp?ID=3432

Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Produced by: AIIM

As the technology that enables users to scan content into a system from
anywhere permeates organizations, the need to implement an overall
strategy for doing so increases. Properly used, improved capture
software combined with the scanning capabilities of desktop/department
scanners and multifunction devices can improve productivity. Without
planning, distributed capture can be a nightmare, with mini islands of
content throughout an organization that put an organization at increased
compliance risk. When low-volume scanners proliferate on desktops and
multifunction devices allow walk-up low-volume scanning, the chance for
documents to exist outside of the reach of retention rules and best
practices increases. As with any technology tool, you need to harness
these capabilities to the overall IT infrastructure and tie them to the
organization's business needs. The presentation will describe the tools
needed for a distributed capture strategy. Brian Tuemmler will then
illustrate how best to do it right by showing what can happen when you
do it wrong.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager