From:
Karyn Courtway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:01:16 -0500
I would not currently recommend using PDF for long term storage. We have
one department who has been creating PDFs for many years. We cannot update
to the adobe 7.0 due to issues with opening and reading files
created by the 5.0 version of Adobe. At my previous place of employment I
had spoken to Adobe regarding version 7.0. They recognized the fact that
there are issues with version 7.0 reading 5.0 and did not recommend
upgrading from version 6.0.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:31:13 -0800, Jay Maechtlen