From:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:08:38 -0700
The difference I have seen in comparison pricing between standard retrieval
rates or performance fees and hostage fees is that the "hostage fee" vendor
charges the equivalent of destroying the records plus the performance fee!

We do not charge any differently for retrieval or removal in my facility and
also just require a 30 day notice.  Once again, I agree that it is better
have clients choose to do business with us due to exceptional service rather
than any other reason!  LIke, John, we don't have any hidden fees either!

When I set up my record center I researched common practices and how the big
dogs did things.  Then I took a hard look at some of those practices that
would have pissed me off as a client and eliminated them! We all seem to be
operating under similar ground rules which is good!

One big difference is that I offer 1 hour standard retrieval via fax to my
clients which has been very well received particularly by my medical and law
enforcement clients .  Due to the tight time constraint we do ask that all
clients submit their requests via fax so we have a reciept time and then
keep the confirmation for a successful transmission from us as proof of
delivery within the one hour time frame!

For physical deliveries we are not as hard and fast about the cut off times
but generally any requests prior to 10:30 will be delivered on that day's
daily delivery run between 1:30 and 3:00 and any latter requests will be
delivered the same time between 1:30 and 3:00 next day!  I have a hefty
after hours charge but it includes the one hour delivery via fax after
hours!

The one area that has caused the most grief for us is a client that will
request 20-40 mortgage  files, all from different storage locations, to be
delivered the next day!  We have negotiated with them for 2nd day delivery
of these large multiple requests and everyone seems happy with that time
frame!

Janie Wait

Janie Wait, CRM, MBA
President