Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:38:03 EDT
ARMA Members-Voters

Please pardon me for getting on the election issue again. Certainly we  can
and should do better than 16%. The excuses to date have been very week and I
would like to hear some input on suggestions for increasing member
participation. We are at a critical stage in the competitive recognition and  position
opportunities for our members. We depend upon our leadership (Board  Members) to
represent and advance our profession. We should place close  attention to
their positions and vote to show our professional involvement and  support of
stated objectives. I tried to provide a more open approach this past  year in
accordance with the existing AL (Administrative Letter). These were  rejected and
blocked by the EMC resulting in candidates refusing to participate.  That’s a
weakness in itself. Other suggestions have included: (1) Inclusion of  voting
turnout as a criteria for chapter award. (2) Free conference registration
from voter drawing. (3) Award to chapter managers/coordinators for voting
response. (4) Voting results that show chapters and region votes. (4)  Campaigning
guidelines. The EMC screens and approves all candidates. Every  candidate is
considered qualified to serve based upon the EMC slate  approval.
Other suggestions?????
Bill Benedon