From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:58:49 -0400
On 4/9/06, Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm echoing Chester's comment - Do we still receive paper ballots?
Paper ballots are still available but you must select that IIRC as
part of your member profile. Part of the reason for the move to
e-ballots was to decrease cost. Printing, supplies and postage all
cost $. And there was the lag in waiting for paper ballots to be
returned by voters. I haven't seen any statistics but I wouldn't be
surprised if most e-ballots cast were cast the same day they were
received.

>I don't remember getting one. I know it's expensive, but if we don't,
we may want to try that for all or at least for those who don't
respond electronically to the first announcement.

It is a lot easier and cheaper to send out an electronic reminder than
it is to send out a paper ballot.

>I'll bet some people will find it a lot easier to place a few
checkmarks and through the ballot into the mail than go to the
website. I prefer online, but different strokes for different folks...

It would be nice to know the breakdown ie e-ballot vs paper in this election.

> I also like his Candidate's Corner online (picture, sound, video, vision for future of ARMA, etc.) - do we have one? Now I'm showing my ignorance of the whole process, but if there is one - it may need to be advertised more often.

The ARMA Forum was one area where folks could ask questions of the
candidates, but that required one to take the action to visit the
Forum.

Personally I would like to see some loosening of the election rules. I
would like to be able to come out and say that I support Candidate X
or to point out why I think Candidate X would be a good for the
association. But the current elections rules IMHO tend to prevent
this.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va