From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:51:23 -0400
I like Lee's categories and suggestions.  I would like to add one more
observation to category 3.  There is a percentage of members in this
category that can be divided into two groups of "opinion" on the role of
the Board of Directors.  Both these groups do not see any need to vote
because they really don't see a need to choose between candidates.
Group 1 believe the Board sets direction for the association and "vets"
the candidates for qualifications to carry out that role, so therefore
any of the candidates should be able to do the job.  Group 2 believes
the Executive Director sets direction for the association and the Board
is just "rubber stamp" assembly so it doesn't matter who sits on the
board.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager