From:
"Russell D. James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:12:18 -0500
I'm just a newbie at this stuff, but I have discovered that both the
university I attend and the local community college offer a course titled
"records management" to its business students.  The class is not the same as
the records management we are all used to, however.  The classes deal with
setting up and using filing systems, how to sort mail, etc.  It is, in fact,
the "other side" of RIM.  I remember at my last job how my boss and I would
discuss how great it would be if the secretaries/office managers (other
side) knew how to do such stuff.  So I would say that a good records
management department, even if they did not control the mail within their
organization, should be involved in training those who do control the mail
good RIM principles for it.

Russell D. James, M.A.
MLIS student
Louisiana State University