From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 01:31:35 -0400
On May 1, 2006, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Computer records on 197,000 people breached at UT
> Austin American-Statesman (subscription) - Austin,TX,USA
> Computerized records on nearly 200,000 people with ties to the
> University
> of Texas' McCombs School of Business have been accessed without
> authorization
> by ...
> <http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/04/
> 24utcomputer

As a graduate of UT and a member of the Alumni Association I received
several personal emails on this topic.  So now I am at risk. Again!

They kindly alerted me that I must now look out for myself. I need to
contact my credit card companies and put them on alert.  Put myself on
high alert with the three credit reporting agencies.  Maybe consider
paying to belong to one of those companies that watches out for me
credit wise.

I will not rant, again!  But this would be an excellent issue for RM's
to have a visible position on.  Is ARMA speaking out.  Maybe the
Listserv needs a PR department?

What if it is the credit guys doing the theft?  They get us to sign up
200,000 times at $40 to $60 per protected account?  Hey FBI start
looking at those guys.

Hey!  This would make a good thriller movie. dun a da! dun a da dun!
dunt dunt dunt! Records Management Impossible........... in precisely
10 second the retention period on this email will expire...... fizzle
fizzle pop!

I am thinking pilot here folks!

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults