From:
Marla Oakland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 15:18:59 -0500
Here's another real life example of why pallets should be used.

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/19/06 11:20 AM >>>
Chris Flynn said "I recommend you not use pallets. Stack the boxes
solid in
the trailer."

A word of caution.  Back in my early days of RM, I moved my record
center
from one building to another.  I had told the moving company to not
stack
the boxes more than 5 high - they didn't use pallets.  I was
supervising in
the Center so didn't realize they didn't listen.  They stacked them to
the
top.  When they opened the door at the new facility, we were greeted
with
boxes tumbling out the door.  The bottom boxes had collapsed. Thanks to
the
quick reactions of the person opening the door, he kept most of them
in
place until help arrived and I only had the contents of a few boxes to
sort
and rebox.

Even in an emergency, I don't think you would want this to happen.

Janet Nelson CRM
Manager Records
Dairyland Power Cooperative
3200 East Avenue South