From:
Rich Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 11:18:56 -0600
Greetings from Wonderful Wyoming,

Below is an interesting series of articles which will put an
interesting spin on this topic

SSL Trojans: The next Great Bank Heist

"Cyber criminals have unleashed a new breed of Trojans that could
undermine confidence in online commerce. Can they be stopped?"

http://www.infoworld.com/reports/18SRsslmalware.html

Regards,

Rich Wilson
Records Management Supervisor
Government Records
2301 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0001
Phone: 307-777-5586  Fax: 307-777-7044

E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.

>>> Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]> 05/04/06 10:17 AM >>>
Snip from: Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>

> While moving to
> less costly media over time is the goal of IT-it should also be the
RIM
> goal while still maintaining the records/information as good evidence

> (4
> tenets).

But the newest trend is to use disk to disk back up ( or virtual
mirroring
or virtual tape) so then everything is on line all the time as the
least
expensive way to store the information.

If this is the cheapest way to do it and this provides vulnerabilities,

then
this is an opening for RM to step in and discuss where real records
protection is over laid on the program. Viruses, sabotage, industrial
espionage, bots and who knows what else, makes management uneasy,
especially in light of SOX.

Could we develop an intelligent position paper among us.  ( I know
Bruce,
that leave's me out. )  Soon we will have a new E-Storage Guideline
under
the leadership of ARMA's brightest minds and our new President.  Wait
that
doesn't sound right. Well you know what I mean. We have the ability to

create
a thesis that each and every RM could use to open the door to
interfacing with IT.
I believe ILM can't truly exist without RM's. The E-Storage Guideline
could be an
excellent starting point for your discussion.

> I'd say a more painful punishment would be to send them to Kutztown,

> PA (is
> there really a town named Kutztown?) or somewhere in North Dakota.
At
> least
> College Station has SOME form of nightlife.  And the big lights of
> Houston
> (and Austin) are less than an hour away...

I agree Kutztown and College Station share some of the same traits.
More cows
than people, etc.   Tipping cows is a favorite Homecoming Event in both

communities.
But if College Station's big plus is being close to Austin, well I rest

my case.
I will leave it to others to defend ND.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults