From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 09:31:10 -0500
Laura,
Bar codes can include the number in human readable form as well as in
the bar code font.  Bar codes are quite simple to produce as they are
fonts that you can purchase to install on your machine.  There are a
number of standard bar codes that are used - here is a link to some
introductory materials that will help you understand them
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=upc.htm&url=http:
//www.azalea.com/FAQ/.

I am by no means an expert, but I was able to implement the use of them
in a simple application quite easily.

Mary Hilliard, CRM
Records Manager
University of Texas System Administration