From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 13:19:10 -0700
Patrick Cunningham said:
>One of the Conference alternate hotels is the Menger Hotel. The Menger is
>also the least expensive. I would suggest that it is a bargain if you are
>planning to go to Conference. It is across the street from the Alamo, about
>two blocks from the convention center, and is a wonderfully preserved
>historic hotel.

If you like history, the Menger is definitely a place to consider.  Another
benefit is that it is reasonably within crawling distance of Dick's and
Dirty Nellie's, potential locations for the Listserve gathering.

The Menger is also famous for its Mango Ice Cream, a favorite of former
President Clinton whenever he made a visit to the River City.  I've had the
stuff and found it to be excellent.  Whether you agree with his politics or
not, his taste in ice cream is pretty good. :>)

The Menger's homepage is http://mengerhotel.com/page/ntm3/Home_Page.html

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
San Diego, CA
TEL: 619-696-4671