From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 15:10:14 -0400
As one who has witnessed the benfits of document imaging solutions, content
management solutions and business process management solutions, I am well
aware that well-conceived and planned implementations can provide
significant cost savings and impressive return-on-investment.  However, for
an organization to be in position to determine its true scanning costs and
to predict such costs for potential projects can be a real challenge.
Capture software often does not allow end-users to determine costs.

Within the services sector, my organization is now using some fairly
advanced tools that will allow us to identify costs on a "per job" or "per
project" basis, to track the productivity of our operators and to be alerted
to bottlenecks and potential problem areas BEFORE those problems result in
degredation of services levels, and to help us make full use of existing
resources.

Should anyone who works in a high-volume capture environment (fully staffed,
multiple auto-feed scanners) have an interest in looking into such a tool,
please contact me off-line at [log in to unmask] .  I'd be happy to
discuss that.

Once you know what your costs are, its much easier to determine how to
recover those costs from end-users.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+