From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 13:51:54 -0700
On 5/19/06, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For those of you who know much more about computers than I do -
> Are tiff images or jpeg images bigger or are they about the same  size?

WHAT IS IT ABOUT WOMEN that they always focus on size?????

=) That was my "Friday comment"

Take a look here for some data:

http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/graphics/formats/formats.html

But there's more to it than just plain file size... there's issue of
compression, and if it's the lossy or lossless variety, and if you need to
search the files while stored (because it's tougher to search a compressed
file, if you can search them at all) and color vs b&w, text only, images,
images with text, etc.... all figure into the ultimate considerations.

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA