From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 20:12:44 -0700
On 5/19/06, Graham Kitchen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The important information is the content and the metadata.  I am not
> sure that the fact it was on letterhead or not is of any relevance.
> Would this be correct?

I'll respond with a definite MAYBE.  The letterhead could potentially help
establish context of the letter, and as John Annumziello accurately stated
before, you don't have the signature... so there's no way of establishing
proof the letter was generated, signed by an authorized party, and
transmitted (naturally, transmitted would possibly be less important than
RECEIVED in a trail of evidence).

And the other consideration is the archival value and appropriateness of the
asset if it's simply a digital format file of the content, with no
letterhead, or signature.   In this instance a "companion image" of the
signed document on letterhead would probably be of greater value.

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA