From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 10:31:57 -0700
On 5/22/06, Krogh-Michna, Debi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are recommending to management implementing a new email policy that one
> piece of it has a 90 day deletion of email.  I have been asked my management
> to give them 10 reasons why we should do this - has anyone in this group
> come up with such a document of "Top Ten Reasons?"  Thanks for your help in
> advance.

Top 10 Reasons NOT TO implement a 90-day deletion policy for E-mail

10) Retention is based on CONTENT, not CONTAINER
9) E-Mail is NOT a Record Series
8) Morgan Stanley
7) Microsoft
6) Michael Brown, Formerly of FEMA "Did I look good today?"
5) Your organization doesn't want it's name in the headlines for bad
practices
4) Nobody likes to pay the court costs of legal fees to explain why they did
it
3) It makes a farce of your Retention Schedule
2) Retention is based on CONTENT

And the number one reason?

1) RIMs don't look good in orange jumpsuits and can't afford the fines

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA