From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 04:48:18 -0700
Michelle:

Considering the current cost of magnetic storage and the clear advantage in
recognition applications, I recommend 300 dpi to my clients now.  The rule
is that 200 dpi on 8.5 x 11 yields 50 kilobytes.  My testing has shown that
300 dpi produces about 75 KB.

It is not that 200 dpi won't work; in most cases it will.  But the extra
detail will help the tough cases.  I also recommend getting image
enhancement, which will correct for a number of flaws, like skew and poor
contrast.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP
Principal
7683 SE 27 Street, #316