From:
Lisa Shimamura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:39:47 -0700
Looking for opinions/guidance for best practices related to the Record
Retention Hold process for all records regardless of media format.

   - What are the repercussions or accountability related to this
   responsibility?
   - Who should be responsible for issuing hold orders and release from
   hold?
   - Who should be responsible for communicating hold orders/releases?
   - Who should be responsible for ensuring records are placed on hold
   and subsequently released?
   - Are there any legal requirements for maintaining documentation or a
   log of all hold orders and release of holds?

I am working for a global corporation with over 80,000 employees and we are
developing RM policies and procedures.
The key players of the RM committee (Legal, IT, HR, Tax, etc.) are
requesting Records Management be responsible for the Hold process.
I am not entirely comfortable with this idea as I am accustomed to Legal
being responsible for this.

Thank you for your expertise.

L.S. Shimamura, CRM
310-615-1733