From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:34:30 -0700
If somebody wants to put pen to paper in personal correspondence, that
is wonderful...; can be treasured memories later for family and friends.
 I have an issue in the business and gov't (gummint) world of outputting
information created electronic to the paper media (98+% of information
created today in the western world is created electronic).  Call me new
fashioned, called me supportive of leveraging technology to facilitate
efficiencies and productivity rate, call me lacking in patience to old
fashioned thinking in RIM, or you can call me Ray, Jay, Hey,.... just
call me for happy hour.

I like the scent of Chanel on paper..., and other places;  I like the
smell of fired gunpowder; I like the smell of fresh-mown hay; I like the
scent in the wind  before a thunderstorm; I like the fresh breeze off
the ocean; I like the anticipation of unleashing 500 HP from a thumping
big block V8 and ripping down the street;  I like cranking my speedboat
up to 5,500 rpm, I like 2-cylinder johnny popper John Deere tractors; I
like dual exhaust, tachometers, old hemis, positraction, I like old
houses and barns, I like Old Milwaukee brew, and I like little baby
ducks; old pickup trucks; cabins on a lake; and tomatos on the vine.

I do not like the small of napalm; I do not like the smell of CS gas;
and I hate paper as a media for records management purposes.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/26 1:39 PM >>>
Nice story, Larry.  Thanks for posting the link, I hadn't seen that
one.  I like the way the author referred to remembered scents, etc.
There's a tactile quality to looking at old letters that we will miss
in looking at email.  Yeah, I know, Steve hates paper ;-)  But some of

us like the fact that letters are written in permanent ink, on paper,
that you can see the scratchouts as the writer composed the note, etc.

(snip)

Maybe paper isn't so bad, after all.  (I know, I know, I'll never get
Steve to agree, LOL.)  Thanks again for posting the link, Larry.

Maarja