From:
Michelle VanAllen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:15:59 -0400
I need some opinions and/or results from experience regarding what a
user sees once an electronic record is destroyed (deleted). We are
currently implementing Livelink as our ECM solution including the RM
module. We have elected the option to retain metadata associated with a
record that has met its retention and been destroyed. However, we need
to decide if the user needs to see that or not. The options are: 1) The
user searches for an item and receives a hit on that search even if the
item has been destroyed. However, when they attempt to view the image
they will only see a message indicating that the record has been
deleted. Or, 2) The user does not see any hits for that item in his
search results. Therefore, even though the record was deleted, he
doesn't know if it was ever there or not. Of course, the RM staff would
continue to maintain records of what was destroyed.

If any of you have a preference between option 1 and 2 or have tried
either option, please let me know your successes/failures and/or opinion
as a user.

Thanks for your help.
Michelle

Michelle S. VanAllen
Supervisor Records and Administrative Services
Santee Cooper
PO Box 2946101
Moncks Corner, SC 29461-2901
(843) 761-8000 ext. 5340

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. This communication may contain
information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or
otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named
addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either
by phone or reply to this e-mail, and delete all copies of this
message.