From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:42:14 -0400
Graham, I understand what you're suggesting. But, as I noted last week, the messages are on three different computers, one of which is at work. I just don't have the time during the workday to sit and open each old archived message in Groupwise and to do the suggested "save as." Sis sent me lots of email messages over the years!  (Perhaps I just will have to do that sometime in the future, between the time I put in my retirement papers and the time I leave.) So I'm interested in finding a means to save the Eva subfolder within the Gwarchives folder and to bulk export the proprietary Groupwise data into another format.

You're right, there is nothing legal here, it's a personal matter, triggered by my reading the article to which Larry linked.

John's suggestion of a scrapbook is very nice, actually. And not too Luddite for me, LOL.  I only wish I had something better than a deskjet printer at home.   Maybe I'll have to upgrade one day.

I probably shouldn't have wasted the List's time with this issue, which, as Graham correctly notes, doesn't relate to work-related messages. I simply was wondering if any of you had encountered this yet with relatives who died before their time. I'm afraid I had simply saved my sister's messages within AOL and Groupwise, never anticipating that I would need an easy way to browse through 'em so soon.  I always thought that it was something I would deal with "later."  Well, later came too soon in this case.

My apologies, I'll let it drop now!

Maarja