From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:08:55 -0400
I've received an off list message from someone.  She or he informed me
that the people on this List do not want to hear about my former NARA
archivist sister and that some of the things I've said about coping
with her death and records associated with her should be kept private.
And that almost everyone on the List would have kept most of what I've
said about my sister's passing private.  While I believe there are
differing and equally acceptable methods to work through the grieving
process, especially when the person involved was a respected
professional in the archival field, the fact that even a few people
disagree with my approach is enough for me to reassure you that I will
not to mention my sis in the future.  My error was inadvertent, I was
looking for a sense of community, and didn't mean to irritate anyone.

Whew, hope I've lightened and brightened the List now by reassuring you
of that!

Steve Morgan, not to worry, ask RIM-related questions here on the List
and you're likely to get good answers from the List members.   I showed
poor judgment in taking a story Larry had posted about momentos (saved
personal letters) and relaying my questions to the List.  Teach me to
open postings coming in from Larry, LOL.  In considering community
standards, it's always best to consider the narrowest, most
conservative approach rather than to push the limits or to reach out
for the broadest.  Under those terms, what I did was out of bounds and
although the error was inadvertent, I failed to forsee its very serious
implications.  As long as you don't follow my model, Steve, you should
be fine with the company here.

I now return you to your regular programming!

Maarja