From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:50:27 -0700
Steve (and others who are looking for some red cards and yellow cards to be applied liberally)...

I've been around the List since it shifted from a discussion group for University and College Records Managers, some 12 or 13 years ago (yes, that long ago). Unfortunately, during one of our server transitions, the oldest archives of the List were lost. Some might call that a tragedy; others would consider it a blessing.

We went through a period in the late 90's where things regularly got way out of hand. This is nothing, trust me.

I think we sometimes get carried away in passion and some folks will periodically tweak a sensitivity now and then, but, by and large, the 21st Century RECMGMT-L is a sane and collegial place for the most part.

Back when, I had a posting that I periodically would put in front of people -- I'll look for it in my home archives later on tonight. In that missive, I talk about the List being akin to a pub. Periodically the bartender (or List godess) needs to restore order. This doesn't feel quite like that. I think some folks got a little rambunctious and they've been spoken to.

So in honour of the World Cup, we'll dispense with the red cards and play on...

Patrick Cunningham, CRM