From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:11:25 -0700
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/ap_on_bi_ge/coca_cola_trade_secrets_5

Coke's chief executive, Neville Isdell, said in a memo to employees Wednesday that the company is cooperating with federal authorities.

"Sadly, today's arrests include an individual within our company," Isdell wrote. "While this breach of trust is difficult for all of us to accept, it underscores the responsibility we each have to be vigilant in protecting our trade secrets. Information is the lifeblood of the company."

He said Coke will review its information protection policies, procedures and practices to make sure it safeguards intellectual property.

From last week's discussion about classification of information, here is a real life example of why trade secrets are important to protect.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM