From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:20:39 -0400
Apparently, there is a series of courses for NIMS.  The City is required
to have first responders and certain other Emergency Management
participants take the series (or parts of the series depending on their
role in response) in order to continue to receive federal grant monies.
I've already taken series 100 and 700 and have been informed I will have
to take at least two others.  My first impression is that it is a sound
concept.  It is based on a consistent and somewhat uniform procedure for
responding to emergency events.  This allows multiple localities to work
together in a consistent manner to pool resources and also to deal with
disasters that encompass more than one community.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division